This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Red Hot Step Stool Makeover
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
"This old step stool was a monument of my child hood spending time with my grandmother. It sat in her kitchen for as long as I can remember. It was time to give it a makeover and keep it in my own kitchen!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Chrome Spray Paint
- Black Spray Paint
- Painters Tape
- Red Vinyl
- A hot glue gun
DIY Project Instructions
Remove the seat and clean the stool tightening and/or replacing any bolts or nuts that need to be fixed.
Spray paint the two steps in black spray paint and let dry completely.
Replace the outside fabric of the seat with your choice (I used red vinyl) and hot glue it into place.
Tape off the newly spray painted black steps and then spray paint the rest of the stool in chrome.
Put your newly covered seat back on the chair.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Before and After: $1 Thrift Store Desk Chair
- Wanderlust Global Drawers IKEA Hack
- Red Converted Radio Stand Kitchen Island
- Easy Vintage Nightstand Makeover
- DIY Denim IKEA Crate Footstool with Storage
- DIY Hanging Pipe Rack
- Marvelous Marsala Fabric Drawer Storage Chest
- DIY Indoor/Outdoor Paint Can Stools
- Unexpected Dresser into Shelves Makeover
- Kitchen Storage from a Broken Chair
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How To Make Soap With Wine
- Homemade Playdough Recipe
- Halloween Yarn Mummy Craft
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Air Dry Clay Arum Lilies
- China Plate Mosaic
- Diy Massage Soap Bars
- Easy And Quick Crochet Blanket With Raised Texture
- Soft Homemade Cheese Buns
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries