Red Hot Step Stool Makeover
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
"This old step stool was a monument of my child hood spending time with my grandmother. It sat in her kitchen for as long as I can remember. It was time to give it a makeover and keep it in my own kitchen!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Chrome Spray Paint
- Black Spray Paint
- Painters Tape
- Red Vinyl
- A hot glue gun
DIY Project Instructions
Remove the seat and clean the stool tightening and/or replacing any bolts or nuts that need to be fixed.
Spray paint the two steps in black spray paint and let dry completely.
Replace the outside fabric of the seat with your choice (I used red vinyl) and hot glue it into place.
Tape off the newly spray painted black steps and then spray paint the rest of the stool in chrome.
Put your newly covered seat back on the chair.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Old Jewelry DIY Drawer Pulls
- Kitchen Storage from a Broken Chair
- Cool Beans Coffee Bar
- Red Converted Radio Stand Kitchen Island
- Blue French Dresser Makeover
- Sweet Roses Mod Podge Dresser
- The Ultimate Dresser Transformation
- Short DIY Plant Stand
- DIY Denim IKEA Crate Footstool with Storage
- DIY Ladder Shelf Hack
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Printable I Spy Summer
- How To Make A Double Crochet Rectangle Base In Rounds
- Lily's Floral Rectangle Doily
- Printables For Kids
- Adorable Clay Craft
- Water Games To Play In A Sprinkler
- Blooming Flower Crochet Doily
- Farmhouse Style Coasters Dollar Tree Diy Craft
- Wood Slice Garden Markers
- Make Your Garden Oasis More Vibrant With Painted Rocks