Red Hot Step Stool Makeover
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
"This old step stool was a monument of my child hood spending time with my grandmother. It sat in her kitchen for as long as I can remember. It was time to give it a makeover and keep it in my own kitchen!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Chrome Spray Paint
- Black Spray Paint
- Painters Tape
- Red Vinyl
- A hot glue gun
DIY Project Instructions
Remove the seat and clean the stool tightening and/or replacing any bolts or nuts that need to be fixed.
Spray paint the two steps in black spray paint and let dry completely.
Replace the outside fabric of the seat with your choice (I used red vinyl) and hot glue it into place.
Tape off the newly spray painted black steps and then spray paint the rest of the stool in chrome.
Put your newly covered seat back on the chair.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- IKEA Rast Hack DIY Night Stand
- Retro Patio Furniture Upcycle
- Sleek Wood Desk DIY
- DIY Denim IKEA Crate Footstool with Storage
- Unexpected Dresser into Shelves Makeover
- DIY IKEA Step Stool Upgrade
- IKEA Hack Club Chairs
- DIY Upgraded Ikea Side Table
- Antique Ladder DIY Shelves
- How to Paint Crushed Velvet Furniture
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Decoupage Clock
- Light Bulb Planter
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat
- Hard Dandelion Lotion Bars
- Plush Crochet Tablet Cover
- Cold And Flu Shower Steamers
- Knitting Machine Reversible Hat
- Handmade Cat Hammock In 30 Minutes
- Dog Leash Holder