We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
"This old step stool was a monument of my child hood spending time with my grandmother. It sat in her kitchen for as long as I can remember. It was time to give it a makeover and keep it in my own kitchen!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Chrome Spray Paint
- Black Spray Paint
- Painters Tape
- Red Vinyl
- A hot glue gun
DIY Project Instructions
Remove the seat and clean the stool tightening and/or replacing any bolts or nuts that need to be fixed.
Spray paint the two steps in black spray paint and let dry completely.
Replace the outside fabric of the seat with your choice (I used red vinyl) and hot glue it into place.
Tape off the newly spray painted black steps and then spray paint the rest of the stool in chrome.
Put your newly covered seat back on the chair.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Fabric Decoupage Mirror
- Thrifted Dresser to DIY Storage Bench
- Sweet Roses Mod Podge Dresser
- Mid-Century Furniture Makeover
- Amazing DIY Penny Table
- Amazing Table Upcycle with Wallpaper
- Upcycled Antique Wooden Dresser
- Bookcase Turned Into a Coffee Station
- Antique Ladder DIY Shelves
- DIY Hanging Pipe Rack
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How to make Lavender Bags
- Small Zipper Pouch
- Organizer Sewing Pattern
- Fabric Editions
- Melt and Pour DIY Unicorn Soap
- Tips for Sewing Faster
- DIY Themed Patio Cooler
- Easy Tips for Sewing Organza
- DIY Harry Potter Prophecy Ball
- DIY Link from Zelda Costume