This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Paint And Contact Paper Bookshelf Makeover
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
"I saw a photo of a white bookshelf with a rustic wood back, and thought that would be the perfect way to update our laminate shelves,and get an affordable farmhouse look for my office! Painting over laminate furniture made me a bit nervous at first, but I realized it is almost as simple as painting over wood! The most important thing is to use a quality primer to ensure adhesion. Typically, I use Kilz because it has never let me down as far as sticking to stubborn surfaces. Unfortunately, it smells strong for days so I try to only use it outside. I used BIN shellac primer for this project, followed by a latex paint. The BIN still smells during application, but it is not quite as strong. Unlike oil based, it dries completely odorless! The paint color I used is Sherwin Williams in the color Alabaster. "
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Before and After: $1 Thrift Store Desk Chair
- Wanderlust Global Drawers IKEA Hack
- Red Converted Radio Stand Kitchen Island
- Easy Vintage Nightstand Makeover
- DIY Denim IKEA Crate Footstool with Storage
- DIY Hanging Pipe Rack
- Marvelous Marsala Fabric Drawer Storage Chest
- DIY Indoor/Outdoor Paint Can Stools
- Unexpected Dresser into Shelves Makeover
- Kitchen Storage from a Broken Chair
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How To Make Soap With Wine
- Homemade Playdough Recipe
- Halloween Yarn Mummy Craft
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Air Dry Clay Arum Lilies
- China Plate Mosaic
- Diy Massage Soap Bars
- Easy And Quick Crochet Blanket With Raised Texture
- Soft Homemade Cheese Buns
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries