Painting Leather Furniture
Give new life to an old chair by learning how to paint leather!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Leather furniture is great until it wears out and you have to buy a replacement, right? Wrong. You don't need to replace your worn leather furniture when you know how to paint leather properly! This simple DIY tutorial for Painting Leather Furniture will demonstrate how to revitalize your favorite leather couch or chair that is looking a bit ragged but still has good bones. Don't replace it when you can give it new life with a fresh coat of paint! When you learn how to paint leather, you will master a skill that will extend the life of your furniture for many years to come.
From the blogger: "I bought a leather recliner off of Craigslist a few weeks ago just to show you all a new leather paint. Yep, that’s right. A leather PAINT. How many of you have leather furniture that looks just like this... worn out in the butt area and faded where the sun hits it?"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Faded leather furniture
- Sanding block (if your leather has “snags” in it)
- Disposable chipbrush
- ReLuv leather paint
DIY Project Instructions
Wipe off dust or debris.
Sand any snags in the leather.
Start sponging in an inconspicuous spot.
Sponge the product on the whole piece of furniture.
Rag additional product onto spots that are more faded.
Allow product to dry completely.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Entertainment Center Turned into a Bookcase
- DIY Hanging Pipe Rack
- Homemade Entryway Storage Bench
- Retro Desk DIY Coffee Station
- Simple Rustic DIY Bench
- Bookcase Turned Into a Coffee Station
- IKEA Rast Hack DIY Night Stand
- DIY Tilt-Out Trash Can
- The Ultimate Dresser Transformation
- Thrift Store "Card Catalog" Dresser Makeover
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Coffee Soap And Coffee Scrub Diy
- Printable Halloween Word Scramble
- Thanksgiving Craft With Clay Pots
- Crochet Triangle Corner Basket
- Printable Fall Mazes
- Printable I Spy Jack-o-lantern
- 3 Ingredient Monster Air Fryer Halloween Donuts
- Printable Fall Word Scramble
- Halloween Paper Bags
- Apple Pie Melt And Pour Soap Recipe