Kitchen Island IKEA Hack
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "This project is perfect if you have a small kitchen or just don't have enough counter or cupboard space. All you need are 2 Ikea LACK tables, some paint and a few basic tools and you can have a brand new kitchen island! If you'd like to make this project even easier, you can use a 3rd Ikea LACK tabletop as the bottom shelf of the island instead of building one yourself. I used scrap wood to build the bottom shelf pictured."
Note from the blogger: "I originally placed casters on the feet, but this made it too tall compared to my counters. Also (not sure if this was due to the water damage these tables had or not) one of the casters ripped off, so might not be the best idea."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- 2 or 3 Ikea LACK tables
- Hardware (Optional)
- Spray Paint OR Primer and Paint
- Liquid Nails
- Scrap Lumber (Optional)
DIY Project Instructions
Place glue on feet of one LACK table and stack on the other table. Wipe excess glue and allow to dry.
Spray paint if you'd like to change the color (I used Rustoleum Metallic in Flat Soft Iron) or prime, then paint.
Add EZFauxDecor to the top. This product is something between contact paper and linoleum. It is heavy duty and won't tear. It will stand up to heavy use, water, etc. You apply it the same way you do contact paper.
Add decorative hardware.
Load it up with kitchen items and enjoy your extra counter space!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- DIY Rustic Faux Wood Backed Bookcase
- DIY Couch IKEA Hack
- Stunning Marbled Ikea Chair Hack
- IKEA Rast Hack DIY Night Stand
- Kitchen Island IKEA Hack
- Bookcase Turned Into a Coffee Station
- Old Jewelry DIY Drawer Pulls
- Red Converted Radio Stand Kitchen Island
- DIY Denim IKEA Crate Footstool with Storage
- Marvelous Marsala Fabric Drawer Storage Chest
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Easy Coconut and Avocado Face Mask
- Whipped Green Tea and Coconut Oil Moisturizer
- Outdoor Sun Loungers
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint
- Easy DIY Shiplap Walls
- Hanging Felt Succulent Garden
- Outdoor built-in bench
- Farmhouse Etagere Bookcase
- DIY Suede Shift Dress
- DIY Knife Pleated Dress