How to Paint a Fabric Footstool
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
You may have never thought to paint fabric before, but now that you know you can, you have to try it. Take a look at this How to Paint a Fabric Footstool tutorial to see just how effective a coat of paint can be on fabric. Now, if you want to change the color of a couch, chair, or stool, you don't have to go through the trouble of reupholstering it, just upcycle it with some paint! Change the color every week if you want, just because you can. Check out this tutorial and then try painting fabric yourself; you know you want to.
From the blogger: "I just PAINTED a fabric footstool. Yes, I PAINTED the fabric. I tried painting fabric a few years ago with a homemade concoction and was pretty disappointed in how stiff the fabric became, so I was anxious to try a new product called FAB. Painting fabric turns out beautiful! So I know what you are thinking …IS IT CRUNCHY? The answer is, it is NOT crunchy, but it’s not as soft as it was. It feels EXACTLY like exterior patio furniture cushions. And maybe you are thinking, will it crack? And no, it will NOT crack."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
Project TypeLearn a Technique
- A piece of upholstered furniture
- FAB fabric paint
- Chalk paint
- Sanding block
DIY Project Instructions
Liberally apply FAB to all upholstered areas.
Let dry overnight.
Paint with chalk paint.(2-3 coats)
Sand between coats.
Flip furniture upside down to make sure all areas are painted.
Apply another coat of FAB to seal.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Fabric Decoupage Mirror
- Thrifted Dresser to DIY Storage Bench
- Antique Ladder DIY Shelves
- Sweet Roses Mod Podge Dresser
- Amazing DIY Penny Table
- Mid-Century Furniture Makeover
- Amazing Table Upcycle with Wallpaper
- Unexpected Dresser into Shelves Makeover
- DIY Pallet Table West Elm Hack
- DIY Wooden Coat Rack
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Exfoliating Sugar Scrub Bars With Essential Oils
- How to Grow Black Eyed Susans
- Modern Farmhouse Dining Room Table
- Heart Garland For Valentine's Day (+no Sew Version)
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Easy Crochet Flower
- Printable Valentine's Day Word Scramble
- Aldi Reusable Shopping Bag
- Printable Sports Word Search
- Easy Valentine’s Day Fox Craft For Kids