We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "I chose to paint because though this dresser was beautiful it was veneer and the veneer was in pretty bad shape after living in my grandma's attic for fifty years!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Paint of your choice
- New hardware of your choice
- Poly Acrylic to provide protection
- Brushes for both paint and sealant
- Sand paper
How to Refinish a Dresser
Clean piece well before starting.
Hand sand with fine grit sandpaper entire surface.
Paint several coats waiting for each coat to fully dry and lightly sand between coats (used spray paint but brush on paint would be fine).
Seal completely with a brush. I did three coats of a gloss poly acrylic lightly hand sanding between the last two coats.
Add your new hardware and you're done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Fabric Decoupage Mirror
- Thrifted Dresser to DIY Storage Bench
- Sweet Roses Mod Podge Dresser
- Mid-Century Furniture Makeover
- Amazing DIY Penny Table
- Amazing Table Upcycle with Wallpaper
- Upcycled Antique Wooden Dresser
- Bookcase Turned Into a Coffee Station
- Antique Ladder DIY Shelves
- DIY Hanging Pipe Rack
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How to make Lavender Bags
- Small Zipper Pouch
- Organizer Sewing Pattern
- Fabric Editions
- Melt and Pour DIY Unicorn Soap
- Tips for Sewing Faster
- DIY Themed Patio Cooler
- Easy Tips for Sewing Organza
- DIY Harry Potter Prophecy Ball
- DIY Link from Zelda Costume