We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "I chose to paint because though this dresser was beautiful it was veneer and the veneer was in pretty bad shape after living in my grandma's attic for fifty years!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Paint of your choice
- New hardware of your choice
- Poly Acrylic to provide protection
- Brushes for both paint and sealant
- Sand paper
How to Refinish a Dresser
Clean piece well before starting.
Hand sand with fine grit sandpaper entire surface.
Paint several coats waiting for each coat to fully dry and lightly sand between coats (used spray paint but brush on paint would be fine).
Seal completely with a brush. I did three coats of a gloss poly acrylic lightly hand sanding between the last two coats.
Add your new hardware and you're done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Bookcase Turned Into a Coffee Station
- Unexpected Dresser into Shelves Makeover
- Copper Pipe DIY Desk
- Easy Vintage Nightstand Makeover
- Kitchen Storage from a Broken Chair
- Rustic DIY Coffee Table
- Thrifted Dresser to DIY Storage Bench
- The Ultimate Dresser Transformation
- DIY Couch IKEA Hack
- DIY Rustic Faux Wood Backed Bookcase
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Dining Chair Makeover
- Chocolate And Peppermint All Natural Lip Balm Diy
- Yarn Wrapped Hearts
- The Ice Diamond Headband
- Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search
- Printable Cupcake Toppers
- Rustic Crochet Jute Bag How To Crochet With Jute Twine Cord
- Diy Wheelchair Horse Costume
- How To Frost Cupcakes
- Heart Shaped Valentines Planter