We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "I chose to paint because though this dresser was beautiful it was veneer and the veneer was in pretty bad shape after living in my grandma's attic for fifty years!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Paint of your choice
- New hardware of your choice
- Poly Acrylic to provide protection
- Brushes for both paint and sealant
- Sand paper
How to Refinish a Dresser
Clean piece well before starting.
Hand sand with fine grit sandpaper entire surface.
Paint several coats waiting for each coat to fully dry and lightly sand between coats (used spray paint but brush on paint would be fine).
Seal completely with a brush. I did three coats of a gloss poly acrylic lightly hand sanding between the last two coats.
Add your new hardware and you're done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Upcycled Dollar Store Pumpkins For Autumn Decor
- Diy Christmas Candy Wrapper
- Easy To Make Felt Gift Bags For Hanukkah Or Christmas
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath
- Cereal Box Tombstone Diy For Halloween
- Diy Halloween Skull Wreath