We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "I chose to paint because though this dresser was beautiful it was veneer and the veneer was in pretty bad shape after living in my grandma's attic for fifty years!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Paint of your choice
- New hardware of your choice
- Poly Acrylic to provide protection
- Brushes for both paint and sealant
- Sand paper
How to Refinish a Dresser
Clean piece well before starting.
Hand sand with fine grit sandpaper entire surface.
Paint several coats waiting for each coat to fully dry and lightly sand between coats (used spray paint but brush on paint would be fine).
Seal completely with a brush. I did three coats of a gloss poly acrylic lightly hand sanding between the last two coats.
Add your new hardware and you're done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Red Converted Radio Stand Kitchen Island
- Maldivian Style Bamboo Swing Chairs
- Old Jewelry DIY Drawer Pulls
- Upcycled Sewing Table Desk
- IKEA Rast Hack DIY Night Stand
- Before and After: $1 Thrift Store Desk Chair
- DIY Couch IKEA Hack
- Cool Beans Coffee Bar
- DIY Desk Makeover
- Marvelous Marsala Fabric Drawer Storage Chest
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Juice Box Turkey Craft
- Cheese Stick Turkey
- Easy Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies
- Cozy Square Crochet Plush Pillow
- Ikea Hemnes Drawers Flip
- Diy Wooden Coasters Wedding Favors
- Wine Advent Calendar – How To Make One
- Beer Advent Calendar – How To Make Your Own
- Picot Crochet Flower Lace Pattern
- Decoupage Clock