Upcycled Denim Storage Boxes (IKEA Pingla Hack)
Try out this IKEA hack for a fabulous DIY storage idea!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Looking for a fun way to organize your clutter? Try these Upcycled Denim Storage Boxes (IKEA Pingla Hack) for an IKEA hack that will make you smile. These DIY storage boxes are a cute and easy way to put away random things around the house. Since the main material for this upcycled craft is from an old pair of jeans, this project is super affordable. Now you don’t have to throw away neglected jeans! You may become more motivated to start cleaning up your bits and bobs around the house thanks to these homemade storage boxes.
From the blogger: "I was fed up of picking up "Bits & Bobs" round the house and never having anywhere to put them. Therefore I decided to make some fun upcycled denim storage boxes. These denim covered boxes are actually an Ikea hack as I used IKEA pingla cardboard boxes. You can use any cardboard box you want. I choose the Ikea boxes as these where the right size and I wanted 2 identical boxes. One for my "BITS" and the other for my "BOBS". You can always stencil other words on your boxes such as STUFF or THINGS."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Cardboard boxes (I used IKea Pingla ones)
- A pair of adult jeans
- Fabric for lining
- Spray adhesive
- Letter stencils, and white acrylic paint
DIY Project Instructions
Cut the leg of your jeans to fit round the edge of your cardboard box. Use the seam as the bottom edge.
Make two handles from the waistband and sew or attach them with eyelets to the leg of your jean.
Spray adhesive glue on the outside of the box and attach the jeans leg. You can hold in place with pegs until the glue dries.
Line your with fabric or paper of your choice using the same method.
Now comes the fun part. Using letter stencils, paint the words BITS on one side and BOBS on the other side.
NotesYou can always stencil other words on your boxes such as STUFF or THINGS. There are more detailed instructions on my blog.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Denim Large Floor Cushion
- Rustic Upcycled DIY Napkin Ring
- Upcycled DIY Pencil Organizer
- Autumn Leaf Vase from Paper Grocery Bag
- Colorful DIY Phone Stand
- Thrifty Painted Wood Bowls
- Upcycled Denim Storage Boxes (IKEA Pingla Hack)
- Upcycled Snack Container with Zipper
- How to Make a Two-Tier Faux Galvanized Tray
- DIY Small Jars with Chalkboard Labels
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Knotted Hair Ties
- Pom Pom Bunny Rabbit For Easter
- Free Alphabet Bingo Printable Game For Kids
- Kayla Throw Pillow
- How To Make Feather Easter Eggs
- Diy Unicorn Bath Bomb Cupcakes With Whipped Soap Frosting
- Homemade Lip Plumper
- Irish Coffee Scrub
- Date Night Skin Polisher
- Framed Irish Proverb