This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Dementia Sensory Lap Mat
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
""I have worked as an aged care nurse for 15 years and I have looked after many patients with dementia. I wanted to create a dementia sensory lap mat using recycled jewellery and other items that had great texture on the surface. Over the years I have noticed agitated patients who use these mats become calm and contented. They will sit and touch all the items and interact with the items such as the zippers and buttons.""
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
Read NextDIY Vintage Jewelry Magnets
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
- DIY Vintage Jewelry Magnets
- Tuna Can Pin Cushions
- DIY Wire Mesh Storage Baskets
- Upcycled Denim Storage Boxes (IKEA Pingla Hack)
- Rustic Chalkboard DIY Recipe Box
- Colorful DIY Phone Stand
- DIY Funky Fridge Magnets
- DIY Password Book
- Old Shoes Repurposed Into A Ring Stand
- Eyeglass Case with Paper Tube and Fabric
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How To Make Soap With Wine
- Homemade Playdough Recipe
- Halloween Yarn Mummy Craft
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe
- Air Dry Clay Arum Lilies
- China Plate Mosaic
- Diy Massage Soap Bars
- Easy And Quick Crochet Blanket With Raised Texture
- Soft Homemade Cheese Buns
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries